Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, July 2, 2010

What is blog worthy?

It’s been three days since I’ve blogged anything and that is the most amount of blog-free time I have allowed to pass since I started. It’s probably a good thing because I never wanted to set the expectation I would have something blog-worthy to say every day. Case in point, I have nothing blog worthy to say today but I am blogging anyway

Let’s see, today I am home, back in the city, back in my earplugs to block out the door slamming, the bus, the constant weed wacking, the dinging of the elevator, and everything else that involuntarily makes my shoulders hunch and my blood pressure rise. Oh sure, I am never happy and all I do is complain. True, but there are a lot nicer, quieter places than this to live and I have been kicking myself for the past 10 months for my poor choice. It’s my fault and it would be easier if I could blame somebody else, but alas, I cannot. Today I paid my rent for month 11, which thankfully means I have only one more month on my lease. I inquired with my landlord about getting out of that last month and, while it’s possible, it is a bit of a hassle and will probably cause my head to explode. I have a lot of decisions to make and rushing through them to get out of this place in a few weeks is probably not an added stressor I need to put on myself. So, I’ll saw off the rest of my left arm and leg and pay the rent for month 12.

That phone call I mentioned earlier did not go well at all. It lasted 17 minutes, which is not a good sign. I could tell the answers I was giving were not the right ones. In many ways I am pleased with this failure on my part and frankly, I didn’t try very hard. In fact, I almost cancelled the phone call. I need to focus on and commit to the life I have decided on, the letter I still need to sign, and the new, quiet, place to live I still need to find.

I am starting to stress about the cost of all of this. The Dow continues to plummet and my iBook is still dead, dead, dead. I thought maybe a few days of rest would magically heal it. I would come back from vacation, hold down the power button and hear that “click” of acknowledgment. No such luck. Eme Ashe is considering offering sponsorship opportunities. Like, want some advertising? I’ll put your company information all over my car for the drive across the country! I’ll stop in each city and hand out fliers! No problem! Or…well, actually that is my only idea so far but I am taking suggestions!

I found a three bedroom townhouse near Asheville that I could rent for less than I’m paying for my current one bedroom apartment. It is a little ways out of town but that is ok with me. It’s an end unit, looks small but nice, and the owner wants to sell it in a year or two. Perfect. I think with the cost of utilities it would prevent me from being able to save to actually buy my own place someday so it’s probably out of the running. I’m hoping he can’t rent it this month and is forced to reduce the rent in which case he will remember that I asked him to, “keep me in mind.” It also appears there is a brand-new, end unit, townhouse in that same community for sale. If only. Stupid me and my stupid financial incompetence and failure to plan more than 30 seconds in advance. I bet my mortgage would be less than this guy wants in rent. I have, however, decided that the townhouse lifestyle would be an excellent choice even if the location isn’t “perfect.” Low maintenance, few neighbors (end unit, end unit!) a small backyard to BBQ, probably three bedrooms so my family can visit, and I could potentially live there forever. I don’t see myself really needing or wanting more than that. I never want to move again, after this time of course. And frankly, one of my biggest fears is waking up in Asheville, in an apartment, hearing my neighbor doing laundry or slamming doors, and realizing that not only do I live here, I have to work here too.

Like, I said, this is not truly a blog worthy post but these are my thoughts from the past few hours and days. If you made it to the end I am impressed!

3 comments:

Have you taken iBook for a visit to a Genius Bar yet? Maybe it's something fixable for less than the price of a new one.
 
I haven't yet but I will. I am, however, not optimistic. It won't even turn on. I think the best I can hope for is their ability to extract the contents of my hard drive.

Though, I am not exactly "little miss positive" about this so let's hope I am proven wrong. :)
 
power supply, cheap fix.

signed,
Often Wrong Ol' Bob.
 

Post a Comment