Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nine Years, Plus and Minus

I spent some time during my morning coffee thinking about my North West adventures. What have I done in this part of the country over the past nine years?

Hiked in the Olympics and Cascades, saw the Pacific ocean for the first time, swam in Lake Tahoe, gambled in Reno, drove across the Golden Gate bridge, sailed to Alaska, wined and dined in Vancouver, B.C., drank and danced at Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, WA, saw live music in Portland, bought some Twain at Powell’s, learned to love wine, coffee, microbrews, Thai food, and myriad other foods I would never have tried 10 years ago, learned to appreciate all different types of people, worked my first full-time job, got my Master’s degree, found my career path, got hit by a drunk driver, then got hit by another drunk driver, went whale watching, saw Mt. Rushmore, hiked at Mt. Rainier, camped at Mt. St. Helen’s, took in countless MLB and NFL games, ate good food, met good people, and overall had a good time. I’m sure there is much more but it is hard to sum up 9 years in a paragraph.

What do the next nine years hold? I suppose only time will tell. I would like to become a homeowner, paint my walls, know my niece and nephew, reconnect with old friends, kiss all the babies I haven’t met yet, fall in love with the east coast again, fall in love with someone, not fall out of love with someone, not have someone fall out of love with me, learn a little about photography, learn a little about Spanish, finish one of the novels I have started writing in my head, get better at my job, get better at giving, and maybe adopt a puppy or something else someday. That plus lots of football watching and a few road trips and I’m good.

East coast and the next nine years, here I come. Though, I will miss these sunsets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment