Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, July 16, 2010

What was I saying?

What was this blog supposed to be about again? Oh right, my huge life transition. Truth is I’ve been trying to avoid the topic until I had something concrete to say. The first few weeks of blogging was so up and down I wanted to stabilize things. Well, I am anything but stable so here is the update.

I’m moving. It’s hitting me. I scheduled my Relo-Cube. It’s official. I’m moving. In 2 weeks. Maybe. Picture a computer system for the space shuttle (well, the one in my mind) where you have a whole line of buttons, small, round, green. They represent each thing you have to do to get things ready for takeoff. Space Shuttle packed? Check. Freeze-dried food? Check. Duct tape? Check. In this case, it's a little different. Relo-Cube ordered? Check. Boss informed? Check. Parents preparing suite in basement? Check. Packing underway? Check. Now it’s just the matter of completing the list, hitting each little green button until they are all lit up. Then, the big, red, square button. Takeoff.

This is happening fast but in many ways, I have been ready and waiting for a year. The lost year. Suddenly I am hitting warp speed, waiting for everything to come to a crashing halt. If you’re feeling lost in space, you’re probably not alone. This week momentum picked up. My new boss asked me to come to Dallas the week of July 26th. My current boss said that was too soon, and I agreed. So, I’m going the week of August 2nd. In my mind, Dallas is on the way to the east coast. And it is, sort of. To me, it just makes sense to stop in Dallas for a week to train for my new position, then keep on heading east. Sure, it’s a few extra hundred miles in the long run. But it’s better than flying there for a week, flying back to Seattle, then taking a full week off, two weeks into a new job, to move.

That’s my plan. I’m hitting the green buttons until I find an error or hear the alarm. I’m moving in 2 weeks. Maybe. That's all I know about that right now. When the red button is lit, you'll be the first to know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment