Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day #2: Boise to Grand Junction

Saturday: Boise, ID to Grand Junction, CO

Today was my second full day on the road. Second of 6. I am thankful I have a week in Dallas in between Day #4 and Days #5 & #6. I started out in Boise after about 7 hours of sleep. Not the 8 or 9 I could have used but combined with my adrenaline and determination, it sufficed for the day. I am proud to say I had an on-time departure and on-time arrival. I am not proud to say that I ate Wendy's twice in one day! At least it wasn't McDonald's right?

Why twice? Well, the first time was in Utah during my lunch stop. I choose Wendy's for lunch because it is good and healthy (Ultimate Chicken Grill and water to drink.) For dinner I chose Wendy's again because I was hungry, it was late, and the pickin's were slim. Dinner was not as healthy but I suppose it could have been worse. Tomorrow I promise to try something different.

Why were the pickin's slim? Well, Grand Junction didn't exactly work out as planned. Apparently the last weekend in July it is a very popular spot for weddings, swim meets, family reunions, you name it. No rooms. NO ROOMS. I eventually found one at the Comfort Inn for $150 bucks. I politely declined and saved my scoff until I was back in the car. Thank goodness for iPhone. iPhone saved the day! It found me a hotel just a few miles away for less, with free Wifi, and a complimentary hot breakfast! It was more than I wanted to pay but at least I got a room and it is really nice! Flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, nice courtyard. Oh, and all of those families and kids littering the lobbies and streets of Grand Junction? Well, they are being loud in Grand Junction right now and I'm a few miles away. Ahh. Plus, a thunderstorm rolled through just as I settled in. Perfect!

I've been tweeting away with updates and pictures. Here are a few others from today.


3 comments:

AWESOME!!! :)
 
Keep it up! You're doing great!
 
I feel like you can do an episode or two of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives since you're going cross country. :) Tell Wendy I said hi, and her fries are pretty great. :)
 

Post a Comment