Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday

Thursday did not go as planned in every aspect but it worked out well. First, I went to work – on time, might I add. Worked a full day, cleaned out my office, said goodbye to co-workers, figured out details for my week in Dallas and for my home office. My HR team took me to lunch, during which I had the most delicious chicken sandwich at The Met. Why did I never go there before for lunch? Why did I wait until my last day in Seattle? Oh well, at least I went. I was the last person in the office Thursday night, which felt right. I took my time, left notes for my team, and took in my last moments there. I was caught off guard by my feeling of sadness when I locked my office for the last time but it was there.

My last meal in Seattle was determined a few weeks ago. It all goes back to my first night alone in Seattle, sitting in my single dorm room, hungry. I didn’t know anyone or anything but I did know where the University Village was, so off I went. I stumbled across a little pizza place called Delfino’s where I ordered a deep dish, personal pepperoni pizza. It took 20 minutes to make but they assured me it was worth the wait. I strolled through Barnes and Noble, walked around the U. Village, and eventually picked up my pizza. A few minutes later, there I was in my single dorm room, eating my first meal of my new life. I’m sure you can see where this is going. Amidst the chaos of my Thursday night, Martine did a wonderful thing – she went to Delfino’s and picked us up two personal pizzas for dinner. Mine was pepperoni, of course. We sat on the floor of my balcony and took in the view of the city and the deliciousness of our pizzas. It was a quick dinner, a sad goodbye, but a great Seattle moment. I forgot to get a picture of said moment or of me and Martine, but I did get a picture of my pizza! The rest of the night was busy. First, I sold my TV - to my boss! I should have known, why didn’t I ask her first? It didn’t fit in the Relo Cube and trying to conceal it in my car just didn’t seem right but selling it to my boss was perfect. I also got rid of my dresser, which was a load off my mind. A co-worker sent her sister to pick it up – even better. After my Seattle/Pizza/Martine moment was over, I hauled arse over to Bellevue to make the TV delivery. I promptly got lost as I got off the freeway and didn't show up until 9:30. The late hour was no deterent to my boss as she invited me in, served me a glass and a half of wine, and talked with me until almost 11:00. My boss is great, I enjoyed having that time with her, but I can't help and laugh when I realize my last hours of my last day in Seattle were spent with my boss, at her house, drinking wine. It's just not at all what I expected.

The rest of the night was spent frantically cleaning, creatively diposing of my cheap TV stand, and trying not to freak out that I was in fact leaving Seattle. I accomplished it all, even the latter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment