Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tuesday

Got a little sad today and a little stressed. And a little Charlie! I have been so focused on saying goodbye and getting my apartment ready that I didn’t realize how much of my actual work, (as in getting paid work, the whole reason I can move work,) is piling up. I’m not neglecting it, but it seems to be multiplying. In many ways it would be easier to leave without a job to balance. Of course in many other ways it would make life all the more difficult.

I said goodbye to L tonight and as we hugged she said, “I hope you find what you’re looking for.” It was very sweet and has made me think – what exactly am I looking for? And now, I CANNOT get that U2 song out of my head. “And I stillllllll, haven’t found, what I’m lookin’ for.” You know the one. And now it's in your head isn't it?

Charlie has graciously accepted my offer to adopt Fike, the Ficus. They can grow up together, strong and leafy. Thanks Charlie! Stay cute buddy! I took in my last view of the city from West Seattle tonight. I visited this viewpoint many time over the years. I have comforted friends here, I have cried here, I have watched fireworks here, I have said goodbye here. The last time I left Seattle I stood at the viewpoint, taking in the city, trying to decide what to do. Tonight, there was no decision, no real emotion. Pretty. Picture. Go. It was worth the stop. My crunchy bed is on the floor – I feel like I’m camping! (Not that I’ve ever taken my bed camping but you know what I mean right?) The Relo-Cube comes tomorrow and I am ready. Kitchen table is apart, bed frame is dismantled, bookshelf is on its way to the dump, mattress is covered, dishes are bubbled wrapped. Here we go Wednesday, I’m ready for you!

2 comments:

Wow, it's kind of surreal reading about your last week in Seattle! But endings always are sort of surreal... I, too, have been thinking a lot about what I want in life. It's actually a list of some pretty simple things with a few big items thrown on for good measure. Of course, you know what they say... life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. It's so true. Anyway, good luck loading up that relo cube!!
 
I just wanted to put on record that I did slightly edit that photo of Seattle. I mean, it's pretty and blue and all but it's not THAT pretty and blue.

:)
 

Post a Comment