Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Weather baby

I haven’t mentioned the weather on here in days! I am so proud! I’ve talked about balloons and spiders and going crazy but nothing about the weather! I didn’t blog on Friday when it took me about an hour to figure out why the heat felt a little funny, (there was a touch of humidity!) There was certainly a lot I could have said about that. I didn’t blog on Saturday or Sunday to say how amazingly perfect the weather was. And Monday, wow, I didn’t say anything about how gray and downright cold it was or how I could have worn a turtleneck sweater and still been cold. That’s pretty good. I am very impressed with myself for not mentioning the weather on here anymore. Weather is such a good thing to talk about because we can all relate to it plus it dictates what we wear and often how we feel. But since I’m not talking about it on here anymore I guess I won’t mention how nice it is out today and how the whole week was perfect. Or how if the weather was like this all year round no one would ever leave. Or how perfect the weekend is going to be with sun, low humidity and highs in the 70s, blue sky and the water twinkling in the sunlight.

I have good news! I found out recently that one of my oldest friends is having a baby! (You know who you are.:)) I think it’s a girl and I think she will look like me. I can’t wait to meet her. (Or him, because if it is a him and in 20 years he is reading this blog on the 2030 version of microfiche I don’t want him to think I don’t love him because I said I couldn’t wait to meet “her.” Jeez!) Baby you-know-who-you-are is due in January. Hmm…I wonder what the weather will be like that day.

3 comments:

Is that a friend that you have known for a really long time or one that is older than most of your friends? It's currently 84 here with a dewpoint of 70 so it feels like 89 ...
 
Old = long time friend. Not, defying child bearing age rules.
 
you are such a weather dork!! my word. it will be a gold mine if someone in the future is researching weather patterns of 2010. or perhaps their thesis will be on the relationship of 30-something year old women and weather. at least it will be entertaining when they are straining to read your blog on microfiche in a dark, musty corner of a library and they are rethinking their decision to pursue higher education.

and i am would wager a guess that it will be snowy, dark and cold when the baby arrives...michigan in january is fairly predictable. :)
 

Post a Comment