Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday

Today was filled with more cleaning and packing. My mattress is prepared for the long haul with a waterproof cover and a plastic cover over that. It is going to sound a bit crunchy for the next few nights but at least I can pee if I want to. (I wooooooooooooon't.)

I did manage to squeeze in some noteworthy activities. First, I paid my last month of rent. It felt so good I took a picture! I am still hopeful my apartment manager will be able to rent my place and return my check un-cashed. Either way it is a long awaited victory. Some friends gathered for a little going away BBQ. While Sunday night was a peaceful night at the “beach,” we were all a little tired. We did manage to play a few games of Kubb. I won once and lost once. Seems fair. Leaving Seattle is like Kubb, sometimes it feels so good and sometimes you just want it to be over. Martine made fancy rice krispie treats. Apparently if you double the butter and add salt, they actually turn into some sort of addictive substance. Mmm. Twins T and J made for a cute shot. They played with the big kids at the beach, cried if their hands got dirty, but overall had a good time. I couldn’t resist the shot from the back. Of course the view is something I will miss. Not many cities have a place I can live down the street from with a view like this one. Sometimes in a situation like this, full of mixed emotions, you have a moment. I had a moment tonight. After everyone left, I was walking back to my car and turned around to take in one last view. It was just so pretty and peaceful, making me feel sad and calm at the same time. A train went by, carrying passengers away from the city. The sun set behind the mountains, the end of the day. It felt very symbolic to me. If that moment was part of the Eme Ashe movie I would accuse the director of being obvious. It wasn't a movie, just me, taking in a moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment