Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday

My last Saturday in Seattle was spent packing, cleaning, and packing and cleaning. Check out my extremely clean freezer. I'm quite proud. I've all but filled the dumpster at my building. There is just enough room for a load or two tomorrow. I'm happy to say, I am almost done. It may look like a jumbled mess right now, but it's not. Planning ahead worked out extremely well. Having started the packing and planning process months ago, I was able to pull everything together for this move in just over a week. So far, everything is going smoothly. Like clockwork. Precise. It's too easy. I'm nervous.
Here is my timeline for those of you who don't read the blog all the time or are tired of trying to decipher what I think I've said but in actuality have only thought. Huh? Right. I'm not sure I've been clear so here is the clarity:

Friday (July 30th): Drive to Boise. Spend the night with my friends T & C and their kiddos. Say goodbye. :(
Saturday: Drive to Grand Junction, Colorado. Shack up at a local hotel.
Sunday: Drive as far into Kansas as I can get, preferably close to Witchita. Spend the night. Preferably in a witch-free hotel.
Monday: Drive to Dallas for training for my new job, meet my new team, and see the infamous national headquarters of my LNPO.
Tuesday - Friday: In Dallas for training. Hotel and meals all week are on the LNPO. Woo-hoo!
Friday night (August 6th): Head out. Drive to around Little Rock or before. Find a hotel. Sleep.
Saturday: Either 1) drive until I make it to Blacksburg, then pass out. Or 2) Drive to about Nashville or so, spend the night, and finish my journey on Sunday.

Whew. I'm tired just thinking about this. It should be quite the adventure! So far, I am going it alone. If you want to be spontaneous, let me know! Though, the thought of flying somewhere, driving for 2 or 3 days, then flying again doesn't exactly sound fun.

I don't feel sad yet, I think I've been too busy packing and cleaning to focus on how I feel. Though, I think it feels good. I feel relieved, even though it doesn't feel completely real yet. I feel safe, too. Knowing that I am moving in with the 'rents for a little bit, to a place I'm familiar with, in a low-pressure situation...well, it's what I need to heal, breathe, and refocus myself for the next 9 years.

Now, the question is...what to do with Fike?

2 comments:

The freezer looks like a brand new unit! The advance planning has definitely paid off ... there is always something that was thought of but didn't make it to the final to-do list but I think you are expecting something unexpected so you'll be ready for it and handle it like a pro.
 
I think it should be...[no pressure]

Friday -Boise
Saturday - Somewhere in Wyoming.
Sunday - Lincoln, Nebraska to shack up with Evie & Jess.
Monday - Dallas.

We miss you, Court! Enjoy your last days in Seattle!
 

Post a Comment