Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Send the Message

I added reaction boxes to my posts so you can vote on how you find them: Funny, Interesting, Boring or Dumb. You may be thinking, “Wow, that was the dumbest post I have ever read. Why did she think anyone would care that she ate a carrot and her finger turned orange?” Well now, in addition to or instead of making a comment about how dumb and boring my post is, you can vote for it too! “Voting” is anonymous and you can vote for multiple boxes as many times as you want. I encourage this kind of feedback; this is not a trick. I swear.

As a new blogger, I am finding the balance between writing for myself and writing for an audience. If I hadn’t wanted an audience, I wouldn’t have shared this blog via email, Twitter, Facebook, carrier pigeon, etc. I want to stay in touch with you and I want you to know what is going on with me. Maybe you are an old friend, a family member, or even a friend of a friend who hasn’t met me yet. Maybe you stumbled across this blog and will never meet me. Well, I want my readers to be engaged and feel like they have a voice on this blog too. Now, clearly, at the end of the day the voice is mine and well frankly, it’s all about me. That doesn’t mean it has to be all about me all the time.

If you feel strongly about a post, I urge you to select the box that is closest to how you’re feeling or thinking about that specific post. This will just make the blog better for me and for you. For example, let’s say I find myself blogging about being single. At first, no big deal, it’s fine, kind of humorous even. Then, it becomes every single post and you just want it to stop. It’s possible I don’t even realize what has happened, and I am just blogging out of control on a one-track mission straight to blogger alienation land. I need you to tell me. I need you to select “boring” 25 times until I get the message.

0 comments:

Post a Comment