Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Obseroughts

Observations

Now that the sun is out in Seattle the tourists are in clear view. Newly arrived sunshine is reflecting off their brand new, bright white sneakers, blinding me as I try to navigate the streets. Tourists are scampering out of the way of my car as they “ooo” and “ahh.” New cargo pants, backpacks, sunglasses, sunglasses strings, khaki shorts, sneakers, and walking shoes are everywhere. My morning coffee shop has become overrun as tourists trickle out of the new hotel across the street into a Seattle staple. I love living in a place that is a true destination location. I feel proud that while tourists are wondering what it would be like to live here, I already know. I get to see the beauty of this city, its mountains and water, everyday. (Well, every day the sun is out so really, just a few times this year.) I welcome these tourists here to stimulate the Seattle economy and enjoy the wonder that is my city - except at 5:00 when everyone else is on vacation but me and the tourists stand directly in my way without a care in the world. Have I mentioned that I haven’t had a vacation in a really long time? Thank goodness I am taking next week off for no other reason than to relax and reconcile my crazy.

Happy Thoughts

I am wearing capris!
Last night I couldn’t sleep – because I was too hot!
The sun is out again!
I am on vacation next week!
I am moving to another destination location!
People keep walking by my office with flippy sandals. It’s loud. But it’s so nice out, people can wear sandals!
I am sitting cross legged in my chair. My foot is asleep!
My friend is having a baby in 2 days! (Or whenever the little bugger decides to come out.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment