Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week one been done

I made it! I made it through my first week on the east coast, my first real week in my new position, my first week living with my parents, my first week working from home. WHEW. It can only get easier from here right? I have no doubt that leaving Seattle was the right choice. No doubt it is good to have no doubt. The east coast heat feels good and the humidity is actually welcome! My first thunderstorm rolled through earlier this week, storming and pouring for more than two hours. It was amazing! This morning, my long awaited first Saturday, is rainy, quiet, and cool. Ah, perfect.

Here are some of the sights my iPhone camera captured from my first week. Keep in mind I didn't leave the house much...

This is not a very good picture but it is of something very good. When you haven't had your Mama's homemade cookies in a long time you may feel inclined to take a picture of one. You may also be inclined to eat several hundred in your first week back home. Good thing I got that treadmill set up already.

Mom made this salad for her lunch one day and it was so stinkin' pretty I declared it blog worthy before she was even done.

Setting up my temporary home office with Dad went very smoothly and here is the result. It actually feels like my office, like a work space. Many interviews will go well here and many will go bad, very, very bad.

I am a dork who takes pictures of storms. You can't see the rain so much; it is basically a picture of the back yard.

Ah, but in this one you can actually see the rain! My love of coffee, wine, and rain traveled across the country with me. They are welcome companions.

2 comments:

Um, I just might want to move in with your parents, too, if you mom will make me chocolate chip cookies and a salad that looks that artistic.
 
Are you living in a tree house? :) I'm glad you made it there safely. I really am excited for this chapter in your life.
 

Post a Comment