Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, August 9, 2010

The End

I've arrived. I made it to Blacksburg unscathed, ate a turkey burger with the parents, and promptly fell asleep at 8:30. Wow, that was a long drive. 3,000 miles = long.

Where did I leave off? Ah yes, Dallas. Saturday morning I drove from Dallas to Nashville...and then I kept going. I reached Nashville by about 6:00 and I still had a few hours left in me. As I approached Knoxville I got cocky. She. Could. Go. All. The. Way. Then I got tired. Blacksburg was another 4+ hours and it was approaching 9:30. Choosing the responsible path, I pulled off the interstate near a cluster of hotels. It was 9:30 and there were people everywhere. I started having flashbacks to my Grand Junction experience. After a few attempts at finding food and shelter, I headed back on the road to find a less popular spot.

And then I got inspired. Asheville was only 100 miles away. Surely I had another hour and a half in me! E had encouraged me to "power through" to Asheville. Haven't seen him in 5 years, I'm sure I can spontaneously just stop by at 11:30 at night. No prob. Seriously, it was no problem! I went to Asheville, arrived at 11:30, shared a bottle of wine with E, caught up on 5 years, went to bed at 3am, and toured the city the next day. It was the perfect almost-end to my trip. Eme Ashe was in Asheville and she can't wait to go back. Here are some fun, fantastic photos from my brief tour.
The door to the city. It is, I swear.
Pretty. (It does look kind of computer generated Sweats!)

I know a LNPO or two that would like this!
An activity for the niece and nephew perhaps?
Wow. So much to say about this one...
Right, Asheville is in the south. I forgot.

2 comments:

Asheville has a lululemon? I just might have to move there. It looks lovely! Congrats on making it across the country!
 
Like (al a Facebook). Sorry that I have nothing more to say except I like driving the extra mile - and the photos.
 

Post a Comment