Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, August 23, 2010

A super long post with lots of pictures because I waited too long to post something

Time for a new blog post passed several days ago. What have I been doing that is so important I could not make time to blog? Other than a weekend trip to Asheville and dinner with my parents for their 35th Anniversary, not much. Last week was hard. I found myself cranky a lot from work frustrations and feeling trapped in a small town, not sure what to do with myself. Apparently I didn't find my crankiness blog-worthy. You're welcome. This is a life transition that I'm in and by nature, life transitions are filled with hard days and insightful days. You learn a lot about yourself no matter what kind of day you have. I'm in the interim right now, feeling out each minute of each day, not sure where they will all lead. I knew when I decided to come to Blacksburg that I would have time to breathe and I do. It's a good thing, even though there will be days I feel like I am suffocating. There is no pressure to stay or leave, just time to breathe and figure things out. I am moving to Asheville but I am making sure the steps I take to get there lead me to a good place.

Here are some pictures to make you feel like I blogged the whole week. First, I'll start with sights and sounds from Blacksburg last week. If you're my Facebook Friend, you saw that I posted a video of the rain falling. It was pouring and the large drops of rain hitting the leaves were amazing. I did learn capturing that type of natural experience via video is probably not worth the time and technology. A chair, a sweatshirt, and a cup of coffee is all I need to capture that moment for myself. All that to say, no more videos of rain falling, I promise. I'll save my nature videos for awesome lightning shows, flooding, or significant snow falls. Or babies. Or kittens.

Kittens? Like this one?
In first discussing a move to the "lower east wing" of my parents' home, I voiced a concern about "peeping toms." It turns out, the only peeping tom was a kitten, sheltering itself from the aforementioned rain. Naturally, after his discovery his name became Tom. We fear for Tom, skinny and skittish. What has he been through? What is his fate? He makes rare appearances, seeking out shelter or food, running away at the sight of a large two legged creature. Someone left turkey on the deck for him and it wasn't me. He didn't eat it. Maybe he was craving cheeseburgers.

Cheeseburgers? Like this one?


FIve Guys is a small chain with delicious cheeseburgers and no milkshakes. It was no Red Mill but it hit the spot. Now, is there one in Asheville?

Asheville? Like this one? Ok, enough of that. I toured Asheville this weekend with the wonderful Ada Faye. We drove around looking at potential houses for me to buy. It poured the entire time so of course every place felt cozy and like home. Our day started at "Rise and Shine" in North Asheville. Ada ordered cheese and garlic on her hash browns. She is now my hero. Check out how awesome her breakfast looked!
In driving around we passed the "Orange Peel." The sign made my giggle so I snapped a photo. I'm 12, what can I say?
We ended our search for the day at these townhomes between north Asheville and Weaverville. They just about fit what I am looking for in my "starter" home, though they are under construction and I will have to wait for one that is just right for me. (Actually, if those people in the townhome on the right would move out, I would just live there!)
They are next to Lake Louise and just a 5 minute drive to where the magic happens. Sold!

3 comments:

You know they have Five Guys right here in Seattle, right?

Glad to see the blog back. More pictures of Tom!
 
Tom has been MIA for a week! Let's hope someone took him in.

I did not know Seattle had Five Guys. I was too busy eating at Red Mill. Mmm...Red Mill.
 
I thought Tom looked like a skunk, so I'm glad to know that it's a kitten instead. Five Guys Burgers & Fries is located in Renton and I think those townhouses are down the street from me. You didn't have to move after all. :)
 

Post a Comment