Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dallas Schmallas

I'm looking forward to the day when I can relax and really "write" a post. These days I feel like I am throwing up all over the blog. What comes out are just a bunch of chunks of my life. Gross.

Training started today and I'm officially overwhelmed. Already. I don't want to rant too much on here but I do have concerns that melting two sets of processes together is going to prove complicated, perhaps more complicated than originally thought. My current processes probably let me off the hook too much, giving my hiring managers too much control over the hiring process. The processes I was, sort of, trained on today do the opposite. Really, I'm supposed to schedule your interviews for you? For you and three other people? What am I, your secretary? I don't think so. They better get that Recruiting Coordinator hired fast because this is not what I signed up for.

On a positive note, my old apartment rented for August! Yay! That means I will get some money back. Though, a lot of my security deposit might not be returned - apparently I didn't clean well enough. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I ran out of time to scrub under the bathroom sink. And no, cleaning the pigeon crap off the corner of my balcony was not a priority. Sorry! I tried. Did you look at the freezer??

Three more days of training, two more days of driving, a week of getting settled, a year of recruiting, and then...we'll see where I end up. I promise this blog will be filled with pretty, thoughtful, meaningful words strung together creatively one day. Just not today.

1 comments:

At least you'll get some deposit back and they won't charge you instead. Every time I clean a place I'm leaving, my goal is to just not get charged extra. If I actually get money back then I can at least have dinner or something. :) Try to enjoy Dallas.
 

Post a Comment