Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Dallas is done

Done being 100 degrees I hope. Storms rolled through the area tonight, none passing directly over me unfortunately. The temperature plummeted finally, the sky grew dark, and lightening flashed in the distance. Tonight I ordered room service, sat in my 19th floor hotel room, and watched the dark sky. I didn't get to see hail, rain, or wind. Just darkness engulf the bright sky several miles away.

Is that my future? Dark and stormy, I'm just not there yet? Or is that my past and I'm just watching from afar? Maybe a little of both. I am going to have to work really hard. I don't mind hard work; I just think my new role is going to have such large quanities of work that it is going to be all encompassing and not much fun. I guess I'll take it one step at a time. This week has been overwhelming but I have been successful at turning off my brain at night. I know there is so much I don't know, so much I have to learn and try to remember, it's not worth stressing over it. It's not worth spending my few free hours at night trying to catch up on work that will only stress me out. It's called work/life balance and I don't care if no one else does it. I'm going to.

Tonight I am staying in Dallas. My room is paid for, my bed is comfy, the traffic is bad, and it's stormy outside. I'm going to bed early, rising early, and driving. Again. Tomorrow's destination: Nashville. Sunday: Blacksburg. Hurrah.

2 comments:

I'm so glad you weren't driving in the rain at night! My cousin Sandy lives in Nashville ... if you are interested in a place to stay for the night I'll get in touch with her.
 
I can see how your week in Dallas was less fun than my lazy summer pool-in-the-backyard hanging out at the age of 14 weeks in Dallas were. Bummer, but glad you're through it! You're almost there, the magical east coast!
 

Post a Comment