Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day #4: Amarillo to Dallas

Monday: Amarillo, TX to Dallas, TX

It doesn't sound like I went very far today since I stayed in the same state but Texas is big! Actually, I intentionally planned my trip so I would drive a short day today to rest up for my week of training. The drive from Amarillo to Dallas took about 6 hours and quite frankly, wasn't very exciting. I missed the Rocky mountains and I just wanted to get through this part of my journey. Thankfully, I made it to Dallas with no problems and am happily settled into my room with a view.
This is the view of Dallas while driving into the city. I quickly realized I needed two hands on the wheel and maybe a few prayers. The jury is out on these Dallas drivers but they give east coast drivers a run for their money! On the sign advertising the rest stop, there was a smaller sign that said, "Tornado Shelter." I didn't even need to stop but I had to see the tornado shelter! And here it is! Thank goodness I didn't have to use it! Weather has been great the whole trip so far. Whew! This is what I first saw when I pulled into the rest stop in the middle of Texas. Yikes!

2 comments:

I've been to Dallas many times (my other childhood friend named Courtney moved there when we were in fifth grade, so we visited each other every summer) and I have to agree.... Texas drivers are CRAZY, AGGRESSIVE, and FAST. All caps! Don't mess with Texas. I adore Dallas, hope you like it, too! Enjoy your week!
 
Yes, they are rather aggressive. Dude, I have Washington plates. Clearly I am NOT from around here. No, I don't know where I am going. I am trying to fake it, ok! Jeez!
 

Post a Comment