Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Rain

Birthday Rain. That sounds like the name of a country music song, doesn't it? Today I awoke to rain and hours later it is still raining. This is a solid rain too. Loud, steady, heavy. It's crisp and dreary outside and, as usual, it is the perfect birthday weather for me. At this point I'm really not sure what my birthday plans are. Sad! Once you're over the age of about 21 it's not really so exciting anymore. Looking back, most years I can't remember what I did on my birthday, which means it was either really good or completely uneventful.

Last year was my last birthday in Seattle. I knew it at the time, even if no one else wanted to hear about it! I went to Red Mill burgers with some friends. (Mmm. Red Mill.) Prior to dinner I went to the gym. My gym at the time had a place where you scanned in your membership card. Apparently when you go to the gym on your birthday and you scan your card the computer plays the Happy Birthday song. LOUDLY. Everyone turned to look at me. I'm sure I blushed, it doesn't take much. I was forced to smile, shrug, and say, "It's my birthday!"

Hey - it's my birthday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment