Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A youngish shut-in with a limp

I wonder what someone would say if they watched me for a day this week, through my windows, unbeknownst to me. Would they say, "that poor girl," or, "I wonder why she is walking like that," or, "is this what she does everyday?" Being snowed in, with a lingering cold, a banged up leg, combined with working full-time from home can get discouraging. I wonder what I look like from the outside. Confusing I bet. A youngish shut-in with a limp. That's me!

They are calling for even more snow. More snow. And ice. And freezing drizzle. Whatever that is.

What I've learned this week:
-29 is warm. Compared to 17. No really, it is.
-A "heart healthy" cream sauce is actually just evaporated milk with some pepper and chipotle sauce.
-Working from my kitchen table instead of my desk totally mixes things up. In a good way. This way I can see the TV.
-I like winter. I don't love it.

The good news is, well, good. More than good. I have a safe, cozy place to lay my head. I have plenty of food in my refrigerator. I have power and heat. I don't actually have to go anywhere to do my job. And, and...I have a fancy fajita pasta dish covered in heart healthy cream sauce to feed me until my neighborhood thaws.

A frozen youngish shut-in with a limp and a homemade heart healthy cream sauce pasta dish. That's me. For now. And that's cozy and good.

2 comments:

I keep waiting for winter to be over? Why is it not over yet? Sorry about the limp, but yay for yummy food and watching TV while you work!

Also, I wholeheartedly agree that 29 is downright BALMY compared to 17. Brrrrrrr.
 
I'm ready for a new blog post.
 

Post a Comment