Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Monday, January 3, 2011

And....I'm sick! Awesome.

Nothing says "new year" or "fresh start" like a stuffy nose and sore throat. I felt its approach on New Year's Eve so my celebratory drink of choice was orange juice. I barely made it to midnight and headed to bed about 12:02 am. But I made it darn it!

Today is my first day back at work in over a week. It's not going well. I'm sleepy, I'm sick, I'm cranky, I don't want to be working. I need more time! More time to relax, more time to explore my town, more time to sleep. I really could use about 3 months off. I think after 3 months I would start to get bored and ready to head back to work. 3 months off would be glorious. I've been working since I was 16. I'm tired.

Wow, I am really starting out 2011 on a whiney note. Truth is, I don't have much to blog about. I guess I could blog about how little I have to say. Or is that what I've been doing? I keep saying I am going to force myself to get out and meet people and volunteer and all of that well-rounded-life/community-involvement type of stuff. I just can't do it. I have no interest in making new friends or being part of my community. There, I said it! I don't want to.

But I want to want to. That's a start I guess.

Hey, at least my 2011 blog posts can only go up from here right?

PS: My niece turns 3 today! In San Francisco. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment