Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My wound looks like Mary, er, pepperoni!

My knife wound is healing nicely. In its final stages of healing something strange started to happen. As I examined the healing wound, I began craving pizza. I stared more intently over the course of the day. Pizza. Pepperoni pizza. That's what I wanted, but not just any pepperoni pizza. Salumi. From via Tribunali in Seattle. It took me most of the day but I came to the conclusion that the way my cut healing was shaped exactly like a piece of pepperoni on the Salumi pizza from via Trib. I know, I'm weird. At least I didn't see the virgin Mary in my scar. Then it would be all over the news, I would have to do press conferences and interviews. Who has time for that? I have to go eat some pepperoni pizza. There is no time for book signings people.

Apparently in Asheville it snows all the time in the winter. ALL THE TIME. We have had a few inches of snow on the ground for most of the week. I suppose it would melt - IF IT WOULD EVER GET ABOVE FREEZING. On Monday they are predicting a hum-dinger of a storm. Great. Just as my cold starts to heal, my knife wound starts to heal, and I feel like leaving the house I will be snowed in forever and ever.

Too dramatic? Ok, ok. Life isn't so bad. Just life in January hasn't been so great yet. I guess I'll prepare for a few more days of relaxing and reading. That's not so bad. Oh, and pizza. Better get some pizza. Clearly my wound cannot heal without pizza. What else could it have been trying to tell me?

2 comments:

Maybe I can overnight you some via trib!
 
What a nice offer! It would never get here...it would be lost in the snow and ice and freezing drizzle. You can just treat me to some when I visit! :)
 

Post a Comment