Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thursday to Wednesday and Back Again

I could not keep today straight, (note that is different than I could not keep straight today. Heh.) I kept thinking it was Thursday, over and over. I would pull up my Thursday calendar, think about what is on TV on Thursday night, and then get excited for one more day of work until my week off.

Then I would remember it was actually Wednesday.

But then I would forget it was Wednesday and get all excited about Thursday again. It was weird. Maybe it was just wishful thinking for the weekend, or maybe I am really tired, or maybe I am losing my mind. I think any and all of the above are possible.

This week I decided to force myself to take walks during my lunch break. My body and mind feel better if I take a break, get some fresh air, and get exercise. Monday I was committed; nothing was going to stop me from taking walk. About 15 minutes before I was to set off, it started pouring. POURING. The rain did not sway me from my self-commitment and off I went. In jeans. With a cotton hat and scarf.

What happened? Well, seeing as I love the rain and love fresh air, I just kept walking. First, I walked all around my neighborhood, then I walked the 1/2 mile to Lake Louise, walked around, and headed home. As I climbed the hill to my street the rain started to take its toll. My scarf was soaked; I could wring the water out of it. My hat was drenched but thankfully kept my head dry. My jeans were wet and cold, the dampness creeping up my leg as I trudged along. It was in the mid-50s, and I was not far from home so I knew I would be fine. But I started thinking about how disappointed Bear Grylls would be in me. No jeans when walking in the cold and rain for an hour. No jeans.

Maybe I contracted a warm form of hypothermia that affected my memory or my ability to tell days of the week. No, that could not be the case because on Tuesday (which is apparently yesterday,) I did not take a walk. I learned my lesson from the day before. Tuesday was gray and rainy AND windy. I looked outside and thought, "Hmm...the last thing I need is to be pierced in the heart with a flying branch while I am soaking wet. I'll stay put." And I did, until today. Wednesday.

1 comments:

I think it's because there's nobody in your office to walk around and say "Happy Monday" or "YAY! It's hump day" or "TGIF". Just a thought. I don't think you're losing your mind just yet.
 

Post a Comment