Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rub those legs together

I, um, just don't have that much to say these days. I feel like a failure! I lured readers here with the promise of a dramatic life change and some details on how everything pans out. I moved and then...crickets. Granted, a wrench the shape of that city on the Bay got thrown into my plans and I sort of got tongue tied. I should be posting fabulous photos of my new life and new town. Observations should be fighting for top blogging. And yet. CRICKETS.

Almost every weekend I have left Asheville to galavant across the east coast. That was part of the plan, I know, but man, I am TIRED. I just want to stay "home" for awhile. I have been here for 5 or 6 weeks and don't feel remotely settled yet. I have barely scratched the surface of the city or hell, even my neighborhood. It is amazing how quickly time goes by when you become a full-fledged grown-up. (For example, how is tomorrow Wednesday already?)

I am taking the week of Thanksgiving off, which I usually do. Hey, if you can use 3 days of PTO and have a full 9 days in a row off, you should do it. Every year. I will be taking a trip for turkey to SC to visit with the family but only for part of the time. I am very much looking forward to having a few days in my new place to just relax. It has been a long time since I have lived in a new city. 10 years ago I was just a kid and had all of that, "I am so enthusiastic about life; I can't wait to explore every inch of pavement," joy. Yeah. I'm glad I had that and I'm glad I did but now, I'm old. I'm tired. I want to drink some coffee, read a book, and fall asleep in the middle of the day on the weekends.

Like I said, crickets. I will post some pictures soon so stay tuned. Please? Chirp?

1 comments:

This post made me think that you're going to start knitting sweaters and hats soon and sending them to everyone for their birthdays and Christmas. By the way I like blue and gray together. :)
 

Post a Comment