Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Is this what a soapbox is?

I'm not used to standing on one so I'm not sure.

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and I just updated my Facebook status to thank our Veterans. I felt compelled to give a shout-out to ALL the Veterans. To quote myself, "Thank you Veterans! Thanks to all the boys and all the girls in our Armed Forces...including all the boys who like boys and all the girls who like girls."

Now, despite all the changes I have gone through in the past decade, including all the changes to my so-called World-View, I'm not little-miss-vocal about things. I'm not a fighter. You can think what you think and I'll think what I think and it's all good. It's ok. Really. Whatever. I'm west-coast chill yo. But this is something I don't get - you're gay so you shouldn't serve in the military? Huh? That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying, "you have blonde hair so you shouldn't be a teacher," or "you like to sing in the shower so you shouldn't be an EMT," or "you like turtles so you are not allowed to do CPR." None of that makes any sense. I mean, really. Who cares? WHO CARES? What is the issue?

Men and women in uniform are serving our country, risking, and sometimes sacrificing, their lives. Who cares if they are checking each other out in the process? Men and women in uniform are hot. They should be checking each other out.

Stepping down.

1 comments:

Yeah!
 

Post a Comment