Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A klutzy murderererer

Oh, what a night. First, I smash a porcelain plate on my tile floor, then I murder a spider. It's all in a Friday night's work. Throughout this whole day I kept thinking of things I wanted to say on my blog. Now that is is time to blog, all I can think about is my broken plate and how tired I am. What, who, me? Procrastinate? I don't know what you are talking about.

What a week. I can't stop smiling. :) One more week of work and then I have a whole week off! Woo-hoo! Did I mention that? I can't remember. Oh well, I'm sure it's all I'll talk about for the next 16 days. Ok, 15. Day 16 I'll be lamenting the return to work. Speaking of, I need to get into a pattern. Scratch that, a better pattern. I find myself rolling out of bed at 8:45 for my 9:00 shift. Then I work until 6:00, which sadly is now after dark. Then I am about ready for bed due to the extreme darkness. This is not going to work all winter; I must find the balance.

This weekend will be my first weekend at "home" in awhile. Actually, I have 2 weekends in a row here and I am very excited about that. I'm not sure my lack of weekend jaunts got much mention on the blog thus far. (Ugh, grammar snobs, just ignore that sentence.) In Seattle, taking a weekend trip to visit a friend didn't happen much. Most locations were too far to travel to often and chances are there was no one for me to visit there anyway! Last weekend I went through 5 states in 7 hours. That type of thing does not happen on the west coast. The point being - there are a lot of people and places for me to visit on the east coast and I've been squeezing them all into my first few months.

My car is tired; I am tired. But it is nice to be back east, broken plates, tired tires, and all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment