Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Difference a Degree Makes

Degree: Master's in I/O Psychology
Difference: While working for a Non-Profit undergoing constant organizational change in a potential double-dip recession? Not much.

Degree: +1
Difference: Ahh. The heater set to 68 degrees in my house is nice and cozy but occasionally I get a chill. Now, push it up a degree, to 69, and it's like cozy, homey, holiday cookie, weekend bliss. Now, I have pretty good windows and insulation so when I turn the heat down or off my house holds its warmth fairly well. When it gets chilly, one degree makes all the difference.

Degree: -1
Difference: WTF?? A nice fall day at 50 degrees can abruptly turn to a freakin', freezing, wintry day when the mercury drops to 49. I'm fine waiting awhile until I hit age 40 and frankly, I'm not interested in seeing any degree that starts with 40 anytime soon. Too bad for me. Today the high was 49 degrees. I went outside, said, "BRR," very loudly, and promptly went back inside to get my coat.

See? A degree makes all the difference. Sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment