Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, October 1, 2010

'Tis Asheville Eve

Months of blogging, talking, chatting, and teasing are about to come to an end. Tomorrow is it; I am finally moving to Asheville! Folks, I have been considering this for many years, very seriously for about one year. I am ready to start a new life, experience a new town, meet new people, and see the world from a different place. Thanks for sticking with me all these months, what with my whining and complaining and then blog neglecting. I appreciate it. You - I appreciate you - that's right, I said you!

The trailer is packed and my parents are poised and ready for a mini-road trip ending in manual labor. Those are some good parents. Tomorrow morning around ten I leave for Asheville, (OK, I get it - technically it's Weaverville). I am moving into an awesome place. I keep calling it my "apartment" but it is not an apartment, it is a townhouse. Yes, a townhouse. With a garage and a laundry/mud room, and two bedrooms, and a loft, and some other cool stuff. I will post pictures don't you worry.

I'm sure you're thinking to yourself something along the lines of, "What happens when Eme Ashe actually gets to Ashvegas? What happens to this blog? Will it get better or will it get worse? (Can it get worse?)" I think you will find this blog gets even better. It will be filled with new discoveries, new observations about new things, and fingers crossed, some seriously good times. The whining and waiting and self-loathing of my last Seattle Summer are over. It is time for the fun and flings of Asheville Autumn.

Stay tuned! My first 365 days in Asheville will be ones to remember and I promise to capture them here! The interim is no more.

2 comments:

So....Ashvegas is really Asheville? Why look at the map when I can ask you instead. :)
 
Yes, Ashvegas is how some of the locals refer to their oasis, paradise in the mountains!
 

Post a Comment