Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hello beautiful

Tuesday was a rough day. I wasn't being productive at work and I couldn't figure out why. I slouched down in my desk chair and I realized I was almost a foot below my keyboard. I was sitting on my REI camp chair with two pillows to prop myself up higher. What was I waiting for? Why would the future be a better time than the present to invest in an actual office chair? My friend offered me one but it wasn't my first choice of a home for my butt 8 - 9 hours a day. I decided to scope out my brother's house to see what chairs might be up for grabs there. My answer was either none or one very uncomfortable looking chair.

Tuesday night I was done. I left work early, got in the car, and drove to Office Depot in a blind, chair buying rage. I sat in about 12, then found one almost exactly matching the vision I had for my future chair. I did leave to check out the competition then returned and said, "wrap it up!" Couponless I went to the front excited to make my purchase.

Me: "Hey, so, you don't have any coupons back there do ya?"

Sales guy: "Huh, wha, no I don't have any coupons."

Me: "What about this one for THIRTY DOLLARS off?" I asked as I held up the flyer sitting between me and the sales guy.

Sales guy: "Let's try it!"

Voila! I saved thirty bucks on my spontaneous purchase. So far so good chair. I can now be comfortable and productive at work and I have a grown up chair. The lesson learned here was - sometimes you just have to take action.

Welcome to the family chair!

2 comments:

I am sooooo proud of you for asking for a coupon and then finding one right there! Congrats on your new "grown up" chair!!
 
WOW! That's definitely not some random office chair or one from IKEA. :) I'm jealous.
 

Post a Comment