Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The bug count has started

Spiders killed = 1
Flies killed = 1
Moths killed = 1

The spider killing was intentional. It crawled along my bright, white floors without a chance of being concealed by fabric or paint of a similar color. For some reason, instead of just smashing it, I resorted to poisoning. Only after it was writhing in poison induced pain did I crush it with a shoe. I am a horrible person.

The fly was an accident. I saw it flying around the room and shooed it away a few times, forgetting about it as I went upstairs. Later in the day I discovered it laying flat on its back in the middle of the floor. "What happened to the fly?" I wondered. It soon became apparent. The fly had landed in the puddle of poison used to kill the spider only hours before. Oops.

The moth I chased around the room with poison and a shoe. Got him! Mr. Moth scared me this morning, masquerading as a wasp, bouncing around between my mini-blinds and my window pane, causing all kinds of racket.

Have I mentioned I don't like bugs? Apparently Seattle is having a HUGE infestation of HUGE spiders this year. The scientists say there aren't more of them and they aren't bigger. They are just all men with their libidos going crazy out prowling for chicks at the same time. My Facebook Friends have been voicing their trauma and pain. All I can say is, thank goodness I moved away when I did.

I'll try to be more tolerant of these Asheville bugs. They are, after all, not HUGE spiders that could and would eat me alive.

2 comments:

They ARE bigger and there ARE more of them! I don't care what the scientists say. Well, actually there *were* more but now it's cold and the webs are mostly empty now. Phew!
 
HA! HA! HA! Poison....is Windex poison too? That's my killer of choice. I use Windex and a paper towel or tissue paper if I plan on flushing it down the toilet. :)
 

Post a Comment