Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stability and then some

Today I walked around my place drinking my second cup of coffee and had a strange feeling of stability. Like, real, honest to goodness, things-are-stable-I-have-a-job-and-a-great-place-in-the-mountains-in-a-cool-city-and-the-world-is-my-oyster-again feeling of stability. I'm not completely unpacked, I am missing a lot of furniture, I can't afford to buy said furniture, my place doesn't feel like home yet, and it wasn't the best cup of coffee I've ever had, but man, I felt stable. I feel stable. Sort of. I mean, I have yet to meet many new people, I don't feel like leaving home much yet, I am still adjusting to my new job and working at home, and I have times of loneliness and sadness BUT I'm stable.

I don't think I've ever felt this way. Last year I was waiting and waiting for things to change. For the past 10 years I have been trying to figure out my life plan, the direction I want my life to go, and most importantly, what comes next. Well, there is no next. There is no plan stirring about in my head right now. I'm here, this is it. Oh sure, I would be shocked if I lived in this townhouse forever and worked this job forever. I know things will change at some point but right now, gosh darn it, I am stable.

In the spirit of my new feeling of stability, I Googled, "Job Stability Cartoon." This was my favorite search result. Now, this is not an accurate reflection of my daily job performance. However, I have had less productive days where I have accomplished pretty much exactly what is in this picture. Of course, not now that I am stable and all.

1 comments:

I am really, really happy for you. Stability is very hard to come by these days and I'm glad that you found it even if it isn't in the Emerald City. :)
 

Post a Comment