Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

While it was flurrying

I missed snow. This type of snow. The type of snow that flurries and falls all day but doesn't hinder travel. It's just pretty. This type of snow didn't fall in Seattle. It's one thing to curl up with a cup of coffee while it's raining. Don't get me wrong. I love that. But with the rain comes gray and the world just gets darker and darker. With snow comes gray too but the world gets brighter and brighter as the grass and rooftops are covered with white.

Here are some happenings that occurred the past few days while it was flurrying.

1. My friend had a baby! 2 months early! She is very small and while I don't think she is in a "fighting for her life" situation, she could have used a few more weeks of baking.
2. I chickened out of the holiday parade when it started sleeting and snowing at the same time. It was cold and wet and wet and cold. No regrets.
3. I went shopping instead, looking for some towels for the guest bathroom to break up the blinding white of the walls and floor. (Can I just say it has been my adult dream to have a guest bedroom and bathroom? I am so excited. Yes, I am lame.)
4. I found some super nice towels at TJ Maxx that were super cheap. I realized they were better than the towels I use everyday. Suddenly, my guest bathroom looks an awful lot like my bathroom used to and my bathroom looks different...newer...fluffier. Don't worry, the guest bathroom is still nice. Jeez.
5. I re-framed two pictures of my mother as a child. Not pictures - art. One is her silhouette from about age 8 (I think) on a piece of card stock. The other is a sketch from when she was about 4. I thought I would keep the pictures and get around to re-framing them in 10 years. Look at me! Only took about 10 weeks!

1 comments:

I feel so honored to be re-framed and hanging in your house! Thank you!!
 

Post a Comment