Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vacation is a state of mind

This morning I awoke around 8:00 and lay in bed, staring at my ceiling, for a good hour. I was cozy, it is Saturday. Now, I am happily drinking my coffee, listening to the dishwasher and stereo fight out who will be heard. This morning feels quite similar to many of the mornings I had a week ago while on vacation. I have decided that vacation is a state of mind and today, I am on vacation. Well, why not? I feel more relaxed this way (even though I know I have at least a day's worth of work to get done over the weekend.)

I lit a few candles, put out my stuffed Santa and Reindeer, draped a few christmas lights over my mantle, and I am declaring my place set for the holidays. Oh, I want to get a tree and decorate like a mad woman but it doesn't feel right this year for some reason. My place feels a little incomplete and I don't think a few Christmas decorations are going to be the quick fix. Maybe I need a bookshelf. That's right, a bookshelf. Currently my books are housed on some boxes I stacked together and they are slowly buckling. That's right, buckling.

Winter is here. Whoa, after I typed that sentence I looked up to see a few flakes. I am not kidding. Look weather, I was just observing, not ordering. It's pretty, just cold. The forecast says we may get one inch of snow tonight and tomorrow. Better fill up my tank and hit the grocery store for milk and bread...right? No, today I have plans. BIG PLANS. I'm trying to convince myself to walk into town for the holiday parade. I love my little town because the parade starts at 1:00. None of this 9 or 10 business. No way. We need to wake up, have our coffee, watch a flake or two, and then go to a parade. Like I said, I'm tying to convince myself to go. The walk is about a mile, which is not the problem. See the first sentence for the problem.

This week went fast and was full of good and bad news for family and friends. I am glad it is Saturday. Only 14 more days of work until vacation. I mean my next vacation. Today is vacation. And maybe tomorrow too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment