Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh thank the good Lord it's finally Friday

I really hope the people outside painting or doing yardwork or walking by or trying to break in cannot hear me singing along to my music. That would be embarrassing. Especially since I have my headphones in and all they would be able to hear is my squeaky voice and nothing else.

Oh my word, I am so glad it is Friday. My Monday - Friday is overwhelming these days. Comically overwhelming. Like, I've been looking at my inbox and chuckling. This morning I felt better. I had a good night of sleep and started tackling tasks as soon as I signed onto the VPN. Suddenly, I realized just how much work there is that I haven't even touched. And it's Friday. And my brain is tired. And I just can't spend another second looking at my inbox.

Right. So I'm taking a break to blog. Oh don't worry, I'm sure I'll be reviewing resumes all weekend and responding to emails on Sunday night. Hey, I'm important. I have 25 managers waiting on me and candidates on the edge of their seats waiting for my call. I matter. OH DEAR GOD, I MATTER. I have a real job with real responsibility. When did this happen? Awhile ago, I know, but some days it hits me just how many people my daily work can influence.

Ok, the grass mower guy is right outside my window and my house is shaking. I can't hear myself think so I'm turning up my music. And shutting the window. It smells like fresh cut grass, which also smells like 100 recently deceased stink bugs.

Have I mentioned I really need the weekend? Here is a comic to balance out this cranky post.

1 comments:

I applaud the use of italics in the first paragraph.
 

Post a Comment