Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Who you lookin' at?

The next few weekends will take me away from Blacksburg so this weekend I stayed in town to relax, get a little more organized, and save a few gallons of gas. The 'rents took me on a scenic drive, that for some reason led to motion sickness. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the company. Perhaps the stomach filled with half a banana and remnants of last night's wine was a contributing factor. We stopped for lunch at a little tourist trap that has delicious food and dead animals everywhere. That's right, dead animals. You can eat a buffalo sandwich while sitting under a buffalo head. Don't believe me? I didn't think so. See for yourself.

Then there was this guy, who clearly did not want his picture taken since he was giving me the stink eye. I took a close-up; that'll learn him. My Asheville friends, E & L, have wild turkeys in their backyard. They wander around during the day and make bedtime dramatic by clambering awkwardly into the trees at night. It is quite a noisy and entertaining sight to behold.

There were a few other sights to behold on this outing, as you will see below. Most importantly, I learned the answer to the age old question, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" The answer is, wait for it...the egg. Second, came the chic cow. At least that is apparently what they believe out here in the country.

Some other sights from the day.





And it all comes back to the buffalo.

2 comments:

Nice post! I like wild dead animals.
 
To be clear, some were wild and some were dead but no wild, dead ones. Except maybe for that one buffalo in the field but I think he was just sleeping. :)
 

Post a Comment