Eme Ashe

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Really Eme?

A friend recently asked via email, "How are you really doing?" She didn't put the "really" in italics or bold, but it was implied. How am I really doing?

Tonight I read through a few old postings and frankly, I'm surprised I have any readership left. The last year was really hard for me and I just started to capture it in blog form in the past three months. I am glad the 9 months prior to that are not captured anywhere other than my brain, that is for sure. Thank you Eme Ashe readers for not giving up on me! I know life is a series of ups and downs but I hope you have found the last few weeks of blog posts more up than down.

Really, truly, honestly, I am well. Words cannot convey how I feel these days. So much has changed. The start of the life I waited for during 12 months of pain is here. I have a job I waited for, the breathing room I need, the east coast location I so desired. Tonight my Mom and I drank wine and had a good time. Last night my Dad killed a spider for me. Tomorrow I am cleaning my room and getting a little more organized in this temporary home. So what? Life isn't terribly exciting. For now, this will do.

My next two months are filled with weekend trips, reunions, and fun. I feel like the Eme Ashe of yester-year is gone. Sure, I have a few items of baggage I moved with me, but they are getting lighter each day.

Yep, tomorrow I just may go for a drive in the country, followed by a nap. The interim certainly is not bad. Nope, not bad at all.

"Change is certain. Peace is followed by disturbances; departure of evil men by their return. Such recurrences should not constitute occasions for sadness but realities for awareness, so that one may be happy in the interim." - Percy Bysshe Shelley

0 comments:

Post a Comment